A Water Shoe Made for a Fishing Cinderella
One of our lady angler friends, Donnasue Andazola, recently took a trip to the Turks and Caicos Islands. In preparation for her tropical adventure, she researched and purchased a pair of Columbia Women’s Drainsock water shoes for $57 on Amazon.com. The product is considered a “minimalist” water shoe that can be used for boating, fishing, snorkeling, or even just a stroll along the shore. We knew that fisherwomen would particularly appreciate Donnasue’s feedback since it can be tough to find a good pair of non-marking, odor resistant shoes. Oh, and to all the handsome fishing princes out there, if Donnasue loses one of her beloved Drainsocks, please return it to her by the stroke of midnight… Eastern Standard Time.
Here are the main reasons why Donnasue was happy with her Drainsock purchase:
- They are extremely lightweight.
- Love the color (creative… the shade is called King Crab).
- They are surprisingly comfortable for water shoes.
- When they got wet, she just pulled them off, rinsed them out, and put them back on.
- The shoes dried in less than 15 minutes.
- The inserts come out. You can toss them into the washer and let them air dry.
- Closed-cell compound makes it naturally antibacterial, easy to care for and odor resistant.
Here are a few things that she felt could potentially be changed:
- She was hoping she could use them for running (in an effort to pack light), but don’t seem to have enough support for high impact activities.
- They seemed to take on quite a bit of sand while wading and walking on the shoreline.
To sum up, Donnasue feels that Columbia has provided a nice looking and extremely functional product. Since she lives in Southwest Florida, she’s always outdoors… either on the beach, on the boat, or out on the islands. She also plans on using her Columbia Drainsocks for yard work at her island house since they definitely provide more support than flip flops or crocs and clean up just as easy. Big thanks to our B’ASS Fisherwoman friend for providing us with her honest review and feedback! Ladies, is there a fishing related product that you particularly love? If so, we want to HEAR about it! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org along with a few photos of the product and 300 to 400 words on why you are a fan.